Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a Grin

The little guy is starting to look like a hockey player with all his loose and missing teeth. His third one fell out on Sunday, April 5.


He's big into writing notes to everyone lately. Here he's writing a note to a tooth fairy and drawing her a picture of how the extraction went down.


Here's the scoop: The little guy (with a big push from dad) decided that it was time to pull the tooth out. So, Jon tied one end of some floss around the tooth; tied the other end around the little guys remote control car; and, gave the controller to the little guy. Let it be known, that I told them to wait for me to get the video camera, but apparently there was too much anticipation in the air and waiting just wasn't an option. Before I could get the video camera ready the little guy had put the RC into action and he and Jon were combing the carpet for the missing tooth! The RC was a quick, almost painless, and exciting enough way to get the tooth out of his mouth. Which was nice for me, as he had been complaining about "crunchy" food for over a week.

When I told him to give me a good picture of his new toothless grin this is what I got:


His first two teeth fell out last summer; so we've had enough time to have those big teeth grow in and make him look even more awesome! The next morning he woke up and asked for a pepsi with a straw. When I asked him why he made a slurping noise and told me. "I want to use the new hole in my mouth." He's currently wiggling three more teeth; one on the top, and two on the bottom. We may have to get him dentures before this is over!

3 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

An amazingly disgusting picture but he is as cute as ever. Love the hockey look. So cute

Mandie Green said...

Loving the nostril shot. Jay was insisting that his tooth was loose (it isn't) but when I showed him this picture he said that he's gonna keep all of the teeth he has now. HA! Good luck with that one buddy!
The RC car story and request for the straw was great. Tell your little guy to enjoy his straw whole while it lasts, though by the sound of it, it's just gonna get bigger when he looses the other three.

The Gentry's said...

I hope he got something extra from the tooth fairy with a note and drawing!
You gotta love the extra large teeth that replace the baby ones. It's good that over time they grow into their teeth!