Thursday, June 25, 2009

Home...at Last

So here it is. I know it took me a little while longer to post these pictures than I thought it would. But it also took a little longer to get internet than I thought it would. Anyway, here is our cute little house. Try to look past the dead weeds and see the potential. We are going to be bring in some rocks to create two tiers and leveling out the top so it's not so slope-y. We now have a rototiller here and Saturday we'll be digging up the yard. I'm just saying...you know...in case any of you want to come and help. I'm also planning on painting the door this great green color. It's called Antique Moss (if you care) and I think it will look really nice, I'm also planning on new shutters in the same color. It'll be way cute.

I took a few pictures of the inside. Totally forgot to take a picture of the master bed and bathroom. The completely empty room is our "dining room", but for now it's our basketball court, boxing ring, and bunny bedroom. I have a feeling it will be a while before we actually get a dining room table for the dining room. Our little crappy table is doing just fine in the "breakfast nook". Our toy room is now over the garage and is over 200 square feet! Nice. I love it! We've always had a toy room, which may have been a mistake because we kept buying toys to fill it! Oh well, it keeps the kids (and the neighbor kids) occupied. Notice how I unpack and two seconds later it's a mess. I should have just dumped all the boxes out and said, "Have fun kids!"
We're really excited to start making little improvements. I'm sure I'll post them as we complete each project. First is crown moulding in the bedrooms, then paint in our bedroom, then a tile backsplash in the kitchen. Oh, and I guess I should mention the on-going yard thing. That's Jon's...I just watch. OK, so I help...a little. I'm also super exciting about the possibilities in the basement. I like to talk about it like we'll be starting any day now. That probably isn't going to happen, but it's nice to pretend.

We love our new neighborhood. All the neighbors have been really friendly and the Little Guy has a LOT of boys to play with. Most of the people around us don't have a fence so they've been kind enough to allow my kiddo-s to play on their grass. At least until we have some of our own. Our new neighborhood swimming pool is nice and always warm. The kids love it, and I'm hoping they'll actually learn to swim. Maybe I will too!

One last thing. We actually had some occupants living here when we moved in. Today they decided to fly the coop.

There's just one who's a little nervous to leave the nest. He made it to the fence. Then bit it. He's still chilling in the back yard, but I'm hoping he'll get those little wings pumping before long.... I'm not really sure, but I think dead baby birds might be a bad omen.

6 comments:

Kim H. said...

Great house, love the porch! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Alicia said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on buying a home! You guys are all grown up! Way to go! Looks beautiful!

Texas Birds said...

Welcome to home-ownership. I hope you find at least one weekend work free! Good Luck!!!

Heather G. said...

Nice home! i'm jealous!

Sheffers said...

Congrats and it looks great! you have done a great job decorating it and making a HOME! how exciting for you....

Julia said...

Beautiful! For some reason I thought you said you were getting a fixer-uper?! That place is beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures of your finished yard.