Monday, June 29, 2009

June Top Ten

My cute friend Brooke does a top ten on her blog every week. So since, I've kind of been slacking the last couple months in the whole blog post department I thought I'd steal her idea and give you (da da da dum) my
Top Ten Best Parts of June

10. The Little Guy lost another tooth.
The count is now up to four now...do you think he's hit his awkward stage yet?

9. Bubbles, Bubbles everywhere, but not a drop to drink.
On a not so sunny day the kids wanted to go swimming. We compromised by filling up the big tub....then we added some bubbles and turned on the jets. Consequently, this is a very good choice if you desire mass amounts of bubbles.

8. Moving
Our move went really well. The rain stayed away just long enough to get everything moved over to the new house. I really hate being unorganized (which sometimes is not a good thing, by the way) so we had the entire house, minus one box, unpacked by the end of the next day. I have yet to unpack that one last box.

7. goin' fishin' and catchin' somethin'
My cousin invited us to spend the day with him and his 5 kids at Vivian Park up Provo Canyon. I readily agreed and continued my successful avoidance of housework. The Little Guy reeled in two fish, and the day yielded 7.

6. ARUP, the company Jon works for, held their annual summer party. This year it was a fun carnival in their parking lot. Complete with games, toys and a ferris wheel.


5.Swimming pool
I haven't taken any pictures of the kids in the pool since we moved in, so here's one of the little guy a few years ago during swimming lessons.


4. New Friends
The best, and worst part about moving around is that you both make and lose good friends regularly. I've made some great friends over the years who have either left me behind, or I've had to leave them. The good thing is that with each new place I meet more great, amazing people that inspire me to be a better person. We moved right next to a really great girl (who's name is Melody...a little weird...) who has two kids almost the same ages as mine. Our kids are getting along great and it's been great to have someone so friendly so close.

3. Signing our lives away
On June 9 we signed the papers for our new house. It was somewhat more anti-climatic than I had pictured but we got it and life is good.

2. D.C. Vacation and Feeding Squirrels on the National Mall

Our Vacation was a blast and we apparently picked a really "safe" time to go. Just days after we left the Holocaust Museum was attacked by some guy and a security officer was killed. The next week two Metro trains crashed into each other. Our stay was nice and quiet, and not too hot.

1. And the number one best things about June is that we are the proud new owners of an actual detached housing unit. No more sharing walls, conversations, or smells with our neighbors!!
One day (hopefully soon) it will have grass, and a fence, and a dog. (We're getting a rock wall today. It's exciting.) Until then we are just so happy and blessed to be here and we are so thankful that the right set of circumstances fell into place for us when they did.

3 comments:

The Gentry's said...

I completely agree with the moving part and losing and gaining friends. Hope someday we will be able to settle down too. Good luck on the new house, it looks so cute!!

Kim H. said...

I love that your neighbors name is Melody, lol!

Smooth Sailing said...

What a great idea...I've been a blog slacker too!!

Your house is just BEAUTIFUL! How far from your mom are you? Love ya Harmony!