Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time For a Road Trip?

Last night was a normal bed time...or so I thought. After the pip-squeak's bath I brought her into her room to get dressed for bed. As usual, I pulled the PJs from the top of the stack. They just happened to have Mickey Mouse on them. I slipped them over her head, and all hell broke loose!! She started crying hysterically. I asked her what was wrong, but she was just too upset to tell me. She went to the closet and got her shoes.
"Let's go, Mom," she cried.
I took her shoes away, which only got her crying louder.
"Where do you want to go?" I asked.
"I want to go to Disneyland! Let's go to Diiisssnnnneeeeeyyyyy Laaaannnnnnnd..."
I told her we weren't going to Disneyland; that it was too far away; and that it was bed time. It was no use though. She was inconsolable. She cried and cried. I promised her that when we did go to Disneyland I would take her. She got really excited and ran to her dresser to get ready to go. Oops. I had to tell her again that we weren't going to Disneyland, and the whole thing started over. I really can't imagine that all this started from one little Mickey Mouse T-shirt! She cried for over 30 minutes before she fell asleep. Apparently she really needs a vacation!

May 2008
I know she had fun when we went to Disneyland last year, but seriously. . . Can she remember any of it? Apparently it left an impression!

5 comments:

Megan said...

nice! We had the same problem the other night because MaKaty knew she was going swimming the next day. She threw a fit that we wouldn't let her sleep with her swimming suit on...

So cute, though. I want to go back...I don't blame her!

Kim H. said...

Love that picture! Disney world in two years for us!

Sheffers said...

Wow, that is awesome. Disney really knows how to sale to kids. She is so cute and I can't blame her for wanting a vacation. I am going to try this tonight to Jordan and see where we end up.

The Gentry's said...

I can't believe she remembers that from that long ago! I love her face in the pic!! :D

Julie said...

Too funny! Cute pic!