Thursday, January 28, 2010

Look How Grown-up

Every time I close my eyes I see my little pip-squeak as a tiny baby laying a wrapped up in her sweet little blankets. Then I open my eyes and I see a crazy-fast tornado spinning around my living room like her life depends on it. I can't believe she turned three on Saturday; but she did. How fast time flies by. I've accomplished a lot these last three years, but the best accomplishment I really can't take much credit for. And that is how sweet and wonderful my sweet little girl is. I'm so blessed to be her mommy.
I planned a very "fancy" little tea party for her and all her friends. The girls came with fancy hats, jewelry, and very pretty party dresses on. I made them all tutus and little party favor bags. (Before you get too impressed; only three little girls were invited so making four bags and four tutus wasn't that big of a deal.) The favor bags turned out pretty cute and were filled with bracelets, a heart-shaped ring pop, fancy crayons, and a little tea cup and saucer for them to bring home. They made necklaces and put them in their bag too.

For tea they had tiny little sandwiches, strawberries, blueberries, and some very special treats. Their tea was a very tasty "lemonade flavored tea". All the girls were so cute and my little pip-squeak was so happy.

For some reason she refused to blow out her candles. Good thing her little friend is so helpful.

Three is going to be fun. . .I can tell!

6 comments:

The Gentry's said...

Happy Birthday Pip-squeak! What a fun Birthday party, it's amazing how fast they grow up!!

Kim said...

Time for another baby all wrapped up!

Christy said...

Super cute. Great job, mom!

Julie said...

Looks like a fun party. She looks so grown up in that first picture.

Alicia said...

Are you alive??? I just realized I hadn't seen you lately. Hope you are doing awesome & just to busy to blog.

Sheffers said...

oh my goodness, so adorable! Can you be my mommy, I need a tea party. I need to learn some of your tricks for ashlyn, poor girl.