This duckie must have some genetic mutation because it grows freakishly fast. Two weeks ago I could completely hide it in my hands; the pip-squeak could hide all but his sweet little head in her hands. He looked tiny in the rubbermaid tote he was to call home. And now...
The little guy finds him much less fun to hold, but he'll still follow you around the house. His little feathers are starting to fluff out and the tail feathers are sticking up a little more. From what I can find this means that we were right in our guess that it is indeed a boy duck, or a drake, and those are his drake feathers. So hopefully in the next few weeks we'll have a, no-doubt larger, duck with a green head. Then it will be time to ship him off to the lake. OK, can you tell that I'm counting down the days? I'm just NOT a fan of cleaning out his living space twice a day, and being awoken by the not-so-sweet-anymore chirps that get exponentially louder as he continues to grow. Still, I love that the kids have this opportunity and in a week or two when we can get him outside it will be a piece of cake...right?

2 comments:
Wow! You can see from pic to pic how fast he is growing. You are a good mama!
What a fun project...my kids are seriously green!
Post a Comment