Friday, August 26, 2011

Off and Running


The Pip-squeak's first day of preschool was this past Wednesday! She was so thrilled to go that she was completely ready by 9:15. Too bad school didn't start until 12:30.

 This year my big 4 going on 14-year-old is attending a neighborhood preschool with just about the sweetest teacher anyone could ever ask for. It probably doesn't hurt that she is also the mom to one of my Pip-squeak's little friends. It's not a long walk, but at over 1/4 of a mile I had a feeling that walking would most likely turn into mom walking while carrying the preschooler. And since I am currently carrying another rather clingy child for another 24 weeks I didn't really want to do both. The Pip-squeak, on the other hand, was adamant she walk/run all the way to school. My lazy mom solution: have her walk as I drive as slowly as possible. This way, when she inevitably tuckered-out, Mom to the rescue...without any of the hard work! So...here we go.


 Soon enough (about half way there) she was ready to climb into the car for a little R & R before class.

Nicely rested she was ready to start a great day at school. 
Since we're staying local there weren't any new names to remember or new surroundings to get used to. She felt right at home and quickly shoo-ed me on my way. I LOVE this little girl so much! How lucky I am to be her mommy!


3 comments:

Strupp Family said...

Hey! I saw your blog on facebook. Your kids are darn adorable. I can only assume you're trying to protect their anonymity by calling them by nicknames? Ok, so you should cut out the picture of her book bag that she took to preschool. Although, I do really think that's a beautiful name! They are sooo cute!! And this only makes me really curious as to what your sons name is. :)

Harmony said...

thanks for the heads up Kim! I totally missed that. I'm not really sure why I don't use their names. It just makes me feel better.

Sissy Jackson said...

I LOVE HER HAIR! Sophie is begging me to let her grow her hair out...what to do...??? Miss your face...