It seems to take me 5.3 times longer to do anything these days. Blame it on pregnancy brain, or exhaustion, or a mix of both, but it seems to be a regular part of life these days.
On September 21st the whole family clamored into the car excited to find out who we'd be welcoming into our family. And here SHE is!
How excited the Pip-squeak was to welcome a sister into our home! My sweet 8-year-old was obviously a little disappointed but he kept a strong face. It about killed me when he said, in a very forlorn voice, "Well, at least I don't have to share my toys, or my room." The poor kid. I immediately felt like it was me who had disappointed him. For weeks I had been focusing on what I knew would be a loud and long upset should my pip-squeak find out we were having a boy. I prepped her and repeatedly told her how great it would be to have a brother. She would retort with things like, "I will not kiss a baby boy," or, "I won't bring it home if it's a boy." I focused so much on prepping her on the idea of a brother I think I kind of, sort of, convinced both the Little Guy and myself that it was going to be a boy! Needless to say, seeing my Little Guy suck it up and still tell me he was happy to have "any baby" in the family nearly made me break down. He is such an amazing brother and when he told me, "It's OK mom. I already know how to be a great brother to a sister." I knew he was going to be alright. But boy is it harder to disappoint the rational one instead of the fit-thrower!
We are all now settled into the idea of having a sister and are busy thinking of names for this sweet little baby. In a short 17 weeks she'll be here. And if I'm still taking 5.3 times longer to do everything I'll probably be starting to think about getting a crib set up. Maybe! Wish me luck.


2 comments:
OH your little guys is a doll! I almost feel bad disappointing him just reading that and I didn't have any part in this! Adorable. Can't wait to meet your new little girl.
Alex was happy at the time, but wishes for a brother now. I do feel bad. But, your girl is closer in age so that is fun!
Post a Comment