I've had several people ask when and where our little family will be moving to. The answer is some time soon, and I don't know where. I know, you are all jealous that you can't have such spontaneous and unpredictable lives. It's quite exciting, you know...I promise. The truth is that Jon is still at ARUP, but looking into other opportunities. We have agreed that it is not in our financial best interest to get into a house that we may not be in for any extended period of time. We have had a very successful stint at my parent's house, and have been able to pay off all our consumer debt, plus two small(er) student loans that could not be consolidated. We still have a monster student loan that I'm sure many of you can relate with. When we agreed to move in with my parents I told them we would only stay with them until June. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we extended our stay, but I only see that happening if Jon got a job offer that started 2 or 3 months out from now. If that doesn't happen, we will be leaving by the end of June. So we will once again be renters.
I'm so excited to live an apartment lifestyle. There is nothing quite like it. I am excited for lovely neighbors who want to share their music, aromatic cooking and familial conversations with us. It's also fun to discover clues of the previous tenets lurking in mysterious corners.
Seriously though, it has been a tremendous blessing to be able to stay with my parents. They have been really great to us and I am so grateful that they offered, and allowed, us to stay. We are leaps and bounds ahead of where we would be if we hadn't taken this opportunity. Renting isn't as terrible as it seems, and I know that we too will eventually find a dream job and correlating home. Before long my crystal ball will clear up and we'll see a path that leads to...well...something.
4 comments:
You'll like having a home to yourself again. We lived with my parents for 4 months last year and even though it was great in a lot of ways, it felt so good to have our own place again.
I am jealous of your opportunity to pay off debt, and when you find that crystal ball can you send me one? Good luck on the apt. hunt.
good luck with all the decision making...sometimes I wish I could just hibernate until it was over...and then I'd be good!
Any chance you will head back to the village?
Post a Comment