Friday, August 29, 2008

Time for School



Our little guy had his first day of school on Monday. I, amazingly, made it through the entire ordeal without crying. (I would be lying if I didn't admit that I cried the night before.) It just seems so crazy that I have a little guy who valiantly trudges off to school each day just as if he was a real big boy. So far he seems to really like his teacher and LOVES riding the bus to and from school. His complaints include being bored, having a tiny playground with no swings, and not getting to stay for lunch. He has adjusted to school life very well. It will take me longer to get used to the whole idea, but I'm getting there.

Little Guy was feeling apprehensive when we first arrived, but a praying mantis on the door united all the new comers. They quickly became friends while discussing the insect's diet of flies, spiders, and "all mean bugs."

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

I love that last pic...isn't it crazy...I. really through me off this year, don't know why it was harder than G. Hope you have internet now, I would seriously be crazy!

Megan said...

hehe, that sounds just like Hannah's complaints about Kindergarten. So cute! He's getting so big!

Jessica said...

Wow I can't believe he is so big. Congrats to Little Guy on starting school! How is pip-squeak handling it?

By the way I found a blog you might be interested in seeing.
http://thefamilyschelin.blogspot.com/ It's Cortney Shepherd from high school.