Monday, September 8, 2008

I Gotta Go!

This picture was taken back in July when we hiked up to Timpanogos Cave in American Fork Canyon. The Little Guy did a great job and hiked the whole way up and down by himself. We carried the pip-squeak in a baby backpack. She loved the ride and sang silly, incomprehensible songs the entire hike.

The best part of this adventure happened in the cave. The Little Guy had a camel pack full of water on his back during the hike, and so he drank, and drank, and drank. We had one bathroom break before it was our turn to tour the cave. Midway through the cave Little Guy started dancing. "I have to pee, mom." He told me. I told him he would have to wait until the tour was over. "I don't think I can wait that long, I really gotta go." He was dancing around the cave and holding himself. I had no idea what to do. Jon suggested he pee in a diaper. The Little Guy was mortified. He was crying and bouncing. Then a wonderful stranger handed Jon a water bottle. Apparently you should always have an empty water bottle when you have boys. Jon and Little Guy stayed behind while the tour group moved into the next room. Little Guy was apprehensive, but then thought it was pretty fun to do his business in a cave! SO GROSS! We told him he had to pack it out with him so we hiked down the whole mountain with an amazingly full bottle of, well you know!

The moral of this story: when you know you're gonna go, bring a bottle!

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

We hiked that in July. I have a pic of little A. laying on the trial, bc she is tired. Your story is too funny!

Megan said...

so funny! Unfortunately, I don't even think Seth would ask...I think he would just find a spot on the wall that looked "thirsty" Ah, the joys of boys!

Jessica said...

I don't know if i could get Caleb to go in the bottle, but that thought had not occurred to me until you mentioned the suggestion by a stranger. Good to know with my two boys!