This week has been a big snow week at our house. On Tuesday it snowed all morning. I bundled the pip-squeak up in her complete snow gear. She had every warm thing on from the beanie to the wooly socks and snow boots. At 2:30 we went out to pick up the little guy from his bus stop, prepared to let the pip-squeak roll in the snow while we waited. Apparently she is not much of a winter-sport kind of girl. She wouldn't roll in, step in, or even touch the snow. She waited patiently on the shoveled walk for 10 minutes waiting for her brother to get home.
I was surprised she even got out of her little push car. Over the last couple of snowy days I've tried several times to get her into the snow. I was positive she would love it, if only she'd give it a chance. I still have yet to get her in the snow, and short of throwing her in, I'm not to optimistic that she'll decide to give it a chance. Yesterday, when I told her it was time to go to the bus stop, she ran and hid in a downstairs cupboard. This is definitely out of the ordinary as she is usually waiting at the door, with shoes in hand, telling me when it's time to go. She told me she wanted the car. I told her she could ride in her car and persuaded her out of the cupboard. After bundling ourselves up I went into the garage and got her little pink car. This was, apparently, not the car she meant when she requested that we take the car to the bus stop. I guess only having one car is hard on everyone!
On the other hand, the little guy couldn't be happier about the snow. He is thrilled to be having a white Christmas and has no problem trudging to and from the bus stop in the snow. He spent a good hour and half outside yesterday cleaning the driveway all by himself! he told me I shouldn't do it because I would get my foot all wet. (Which is true. My walking boot is actually just a sandal like shoe that is definitely made for warm, dry weather. I look quite awesome sporting the sock-and-sandal look!) Well, the little guy did a great job! I should have taken his picture after a job well done. He completed it by sprinkling salt all over to melt the remaining ice. I told him to use it sparingly like when you salt your vegetables. He dropped it grain by grain.
We have another snow storm coming today and the little guy is already planning what his snowman will look like. He's collected a scarf, gloves, and a hat and has them waiting at the door. He also asked me where he could get a lump of coal...
Oh, and we've also learned you should purchase your snow shovels BEFORE the first big storm of the season. We had to visit four separate stores before we finally found one!
2 comments:
I love the snow! I'm sad to see your daughter won't venture in. Maybe with a little more time. That is pretty cute and funny though. You'll have to post a picture of the snowman when it is complete!
Flash backs of the Christmas Story with the pip squeak bundled up like that. Cute!
Post a Comment