The Little Guy woke up early this morning. I thought he might, since he seemed so excited for school to start yesterday. But, when he woke up he was crying. "I feel like I'm going to throw up." He told me. We've just gotten over a stomach bug here, and for a second I thought we were starting a second round. Then I took a good look at him. He was a full-blown nervous wreck! I helped him get ready, eat breakfast, and brush his teeth. By the time he was ready to grab his shoes and backpack I could tell the nerves had settled down and excitement was mounting. By the time we got to the bus stop he was almost giddy, and when he realized he had a buddy to ride the bus with it didn't even matter that I was there. He let me take a few pictures, and he remembered to give me a hug before jumping on the bus. Tomorrow he'll be making the trek (to the end of our street) by himself.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
First of First
The Little Guy woke up early this morning. I thought he might, since he seemed so excited for school to start yesterday. But, when he woke up he was crying. "I feel like I'm going to throw up." He told me. We've just gotten over a stomach bug here, and for a second I thought we were starting a second round. Then I took a good look at him. He was a full-blown nervous wreck! I helped him get ready, eat breakfast, and brush his teeth. By the time he was ready to grab his shoes and backpack I could tell the nerves had settled down and excitement was mounting. By the time we got to the bus stop he was almost giddy, and when he realized he had a buddy to ride the bus with it didn't even matter that I was there. He let me take a few pictures, and he remembered to give me a hug before jumping on the bus. Tomorrow he'll be making the trek (to the end of our street) by himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Love his bag...we still have a few weeks and I am glad.
Such a big moment! Hope he has a great first day/had!
So fun! He will LOVE first grade.
Kim, I was so happy when he picked that bag over the super-hero laden alternatives! I LOVE it too!
Holy smokes!!! He is so big, or did your camera make him look that tall. I still imagine the little 3 year old running around the village.
Harmony, I just want want you to know that I think you are one one of the cutest people in the whole world!
Wow, your Little Guy is growing up. I can't imagine sending mine off to school yet, but it'll come sooner than I think. I liked your next anniversary post, especially the picture at the end! You both look so young and sweet. Neat to read all of the accomplishments you've made in your 9 years together.
Is summer ever long enough? He looks so grown up!
Post a Comment