Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Start of a Little Christmas Cheer

Another Christmas season is here and for the first time in a LONG time we have enough room for a big tree! It was a lot of fun to watch the pip-squeak pull out the decorations and strategically place them on the tree. (Did I mention she strategically placed them all in a row?) This picture was taken after some rearranging, but before I finished it all. If the tree looks a little sparse it's because we now have a 7 1/2 ft. tree, with decorations for a 4 ft. one. I was actually really impressed that the decorations filled it out as much as it did.
The finishing touch

Check it out! For the very first time, our stockings are hung by a chimney with care. The kids are so excited but wonder how Santa is going to get through the glass. I told the Little Guy that if Santa can fit down a chimney a little thing like glass won't stop him. Isn't magic awesome?!

Christmas is like a wonderful new adventure for the pip-squeak. I love watching her look through books, play with the tree decorations and love our Fisher-price Little People nativity. I need to take a picture of her playing with the nativity. It is so cute and she loves to bring baby Jesus and Mary around the house where ever she goes.
We've had this nativity for several years and I still love it! It's the perfect "decoration" to keep little ones away from all the pretty breakables.

7 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

LOVE your Christmas tree and LOVE the stockings...So fun. Miss ya!

Sissy Jackson said...

LOVE your Christmas tree and LOVE the stockings...So fun. Miss ya!

Kim said...

I'm so excited for your first Christmas in your new house! MEMORIES!
We still need to get together.

Kim H. said...

Jealous of your fireplace:) And I think I will get that nativity this year, it is the last year I think I can justify it! My kids are getting old.

Sheffers said...

AH your first Christmas in your house, love it!! Your tree looks great and your fireplace and stockings are so awesome. I want someone to come paint and fireplace with flames on my wall so I can hang stockings up by it. Merry Christmas, it looks great!

Marie said...

So fun you have a chimney! I've tried to find that nativity everywhere it is hard to come by!!

Harmony said...

Marie, you have to get the nativity online at the fisher-price website. :) It's totally worth it. I love it!