We've had snow for a couple weeks now but the first week it was so cold we weren't able to pack the snow enough to make a snowman. Last Saturday was the perfect day so Jon and the kiddo's bundled up and headed out to create the neighborhood's first snowman.

Finally "Captain rock-eye" (thus named for his eye made of rock) was complete.
He also has an eye patch and some "scary teeth". He was a scraggly pirate snowman, but you can't really blame us, we didn't have any carrots, and none of our trees are big enough to sacrifice arm-branches yet.
Apparently our little guy has quite a snowball-throwing arm. He hit me at least ten times. I'm not too shabby myself, and I learned there is an odd sense of satisfaction when you hit your 6-year-old in the back with a nicely formed ball of snow.Jon learned you have to watch out for 2-year-olds in a snow ball fight. They are just the right height to cause some serious pain.

They were so warm and snuggly in their snow clothes they stayed out much longer than I did. Awww. . . just look how cute they are. I love them SO MUCH!
And here's just one more picture (are you still reading? Did you make it this far?)
My little pip-squeak loved the snow! Last winter I had a broken foot (poor me) so she really didn't spend any time outside at all (poor her). She's been out in the snow every single day since the fluffy white stuff first started to fall. I think we have a snow bunny on our hands.
2 comments:
And people think Im unfit. I LOVE THAT you love to hit your kid with snowballs! Welcome to the club sister!
I remember seeing you walk down the street with your broken foot. I didn't know you yet, I still feel like a horrible person for not helping you out that day. Your kids are adorable, I hope you are enjoying your new place still!
Post a Comment