Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Fun

The last week of summer vacation is here. My little guy will be a second-grader at a new school (yet again). I've been trying to get him into the charter school since Kindergarten. Pretty much I had given up. I signed up to help with student of the month with the PTA at the public school and everything. But Wednesday I got a call saying there was a space for him. So goodbye Saratoga Shores and hello Lake View Academy. As if that's not enough, my sweet little baby girl is off to her first day of Preschool in two weeks. I can't believe it! She is so excited! New shoes are waiting in her closet and she already knows what she wants to wear on her first day. Is she totally a girly-girl or what?

Over the summer I tried to bring the kids to do something educational every week. We went to the library and checked out books about the things we were going to be doing over the next month. Then, after we read about them, we would go and do something fun with what we learned. OK, we slipped in a few non-educational fun things too, but they had a lot of fun and hopefully the little guy kept his brain thinking over the holiday.

I've been super horrible at bringing my camera everywhere we went but we had a lot of fun. Aviary, Zoo, Aquarium, This Is The Place Heritage Park, Seven Peaks Water Park, Hike to Stewart Falls, Hike to Donut Falls, Natural History Museum, Wheeler Farm, Thanksgiving Point Gardens, movies, and other stuff I'm forgetting. Not to mention the, at least, 25 times we been to the swimming pool. This list is mostly so I can use it as reference when the little guy says something like, "We didn't do anything cool this summer."

Here are a few pictures from the cell phone that couldn't command their own blogpost.


The kids had a ton of fun at seen peaks. I haven't been there probably 12 years and was frankly a little sicked out and scared of athlete's foot and pools full of pee. Just kept telling myself, look how much fun the kids are having, look how much fun the kids are having

Is this a chicken or a rooster? I don't know but it didn't like the kids all up in its space!
Did you know that feeding ducks/geese gives Jon the creeps? Good thing he wasn't here.
"Farmers have the coolest cars."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Little guy isn't so little anymore! Good luck with the new school year. I am trying to forget that school starts for us next week too!